Saturday, January 4, 2014

Project Life: Hello, 2014!


Happy Saturday! I hope 2014 has gotten off to a great start for you. As for me, I spent this week getting all of my books ready for the new year! And today I'll be showing you my album setup for Project Life and my plans for 2014.

Completing PL in 2013 was a huge accomplishment for me! [You can view my album here.] And the hot pink WRMK album was fun and fabulous! But this year I kept it simple with a black American Crafts "Memorology" fabric album. Can you believe I picked it up for just $6.99 at Tuesday Morning?!


I decorated the front cover using scrapbook paper from my scrap stash... I had to include some pink in there! I also added a black heart cut on my Silhouette Cameo, and some black foam thickers by Amy Tangerine called "Wish."

I really learned a lot about my Project Life style last year. My pages were pretty eclectic! I didn't stick to any certain kit, mixed up designers and collections, varied my pocket pages, played with fun colors, cards, and elements, and used tons of instapics and free printables!

Since I love how last year's album came out, I don't think I'll do anything differently in this year's book. It will continue to showcase my fun and unique style! But I do plan on giving Monday-start a try, as well as using a variety of photo sizes instead of just square instagram pics, and by taking full advantage of my Silhouette Cameo.

I'm also using a helpful tool to plan this year's PL pages, rather than the lined notebook I previously used...


Having a Project Life Planner inside of my A5 Filofax is the smartest decision I made. No need to carry around another extra book! All of the info is right there with the other pages I use to keep my life organized.

I had tons of fun getting my album ready for 2014! With lots of new goodies to play with and cool ideas running through my head, I came up with this layout for my cover page...


I started with pretty patterned papers from Amy Tangerine and Dear Lizzy's 5th & Frolic. I embellished the cards with burlap thickers by American Crafts called "Hello", Amy Tangerine "Goodness" thickers, a Studio Calico wood veneer geotag, Dymo labels, and words, numbers, and elements cut on my Silhouette Cameo.

That's all I have for you today! Hope you enjoyed my post :) Stick around, because next week I'll be sharing my very first layout of the year!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by liking my fan page on Facebook. So why not over there now and show sime love...

Are you documenting 2014 with Project Life? Is your album ready yet? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover