Thursday, January 9, 2014

Project Life 2014: Week 1


Happy Thursday! I'm so excited to finally share the first layout of my 2014 Project Life album :) Last week, I revealed details about my new book, the cover page of my album, and my plans for this year in Project Life. You can read about all of that here.

Here's how our year started...

WEEK 1
Life Documented
January 1 - January 5

PL 2014: Week 1 - Full Spread

It felt so great to make a Project Life spread again! I missed it last month, since I did a separate December Daily album. The first week of 2014 was off to a great start! I captured lots of photos and printed them in a variety of sizes. I mixed up the design a bit, and played around with fun and colorful cards and elements.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Left Page

Here I'm using a Hobby Lobby pocket page continued from my cover page. I filled the pockets with pretty patterned paper, printable filler cards, and fun elements with black accents. Starting with the title card, I created a handmade 6x4 card using Ki Memories paper, a COLORBOK number and sentiment, and glittery silver "Sunrise" thickers.

PL 2014: NYE Card

This is another handmade card using Ki Memories paper cut down to size. I added a 4x4 instagram photo, a black banner cut on my Silhouette Cameo, and silver "Kitten" thickers.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Cards - Set1

With this group, I have a printable chevron filler card and a calendar card from my collection.  I added a wallet-size instapic, black and silver Studio 112 alphabet stickers, and stamped the calendar card with an Ali E. circle date stamp. The B&W polka dot card is the perfect background for a 4x4 instagram photo of our first family pic of the year. I added a "Home" embellisment cut on my Silhouette Cameo, and some white American Crafts alphabet stickers.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Cards - Set2

Next I have more fun free printable filler cards, a wallet-size instagram photo of my little one ringin' in the New Year, and Glitz alphabet stickers. I used a star design from Ki Memories for my favorite New Year's photo. I embellished this card with some colorful cardstock tags and heart brads.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Right Page

I'm using another Hobby Lobby pocket page to hold more memories from our first week of the year. I have a fun mix of cards, designers, and photos. 

PL 2014: Week 1 - Cards - Set 3

I filled the 4x6 pocket with a cheerful filler card by MAMBI. Next I used a chalk COLORBOK cutout for some journaling, and a 4x3 photo snippet of our Family Movie Night.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Haul Card

I created a handmade card using black chevron AC paper. It holds a 4x4 instapic of my shopping haul. I decorated the card with a Cosmo Cricket tag sticker, colorful twine, and dark alphabet stickers. Another Cosmo Cricket sticker marks the date.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Cards - Set 4

I varied up the photos by filling a pocket with a full-size 4x6 image of my daughter. Next is a 2014 printable filler card and a 4x3 MAMBI card. It holds a wallet-size instagram photo, a Cosmo Cricket tab sticker, and B&W alphabet stickers by American Crafts.

PL 2014: Week 1 - Journal Card

The last card is a journal card by WRMK. I used it to document a few simple goals and inspiration for this year. I used a DYMO label for the title, bling acts as the bullets, and I used a white gel pen to do my journaling.

I hope you enjoyed my Project Life post :) Looking forward to sharing more of our family's memories this year! You can find all of my previous layouts and albums here. Looking for the fun, free printables I used in this week's spread? Browse my "SMASH* & PL" pinboard on pinterest. I have even more freebies on my "Printables/Templates" board! Be sure to follow those, because I find new stuff often!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you documenting 2014 with Project Life? Doing anything differently this year? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? I'd love to hear it! Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover