Hello! I hope you're enjoying your week :) Today I'm going to be sharing a super fun project for your planner. I've had the pleasure of owning an A5 Original Filofax for the last month or so, which is the second addition to my collection. I also use a Personal Domino, and over the last few months I've spent lots of time personalizing "My First Love." Now that I have a new (larger) baby, I'm looking for creative ways to add my own personal touch to it. I have yet to share the inside of my A5, but in the meantime you can see My Personal Domino, and how I use it.
I came across a cool "pin" while browsing pinterest for planner inspiration. It led me to this "Pretty Little Notebook" by The Hybrid Chick. But I decided to change up the supplies a bit to fit my style and make it my own. I really love the idea of personalizing a notepad. It brings me back to my teenage days when I made altered composition books to be used as journals [now it's trendy and called SMASH*ing ;)].
|DIY: Customized A5 Filofax Notepad | Getting Started|
Although I'm using the Filofax notepad that came with my A5 Original, you can easily customize this project to fit your needs.
|DIY: Customized A5 Filofax Notepad | Supplies|
Washi Tape: Mix it up!
Patterned Scrapbook Paper: In complementing designs and colors.
Tag or Label
Scissors or Craft Knife
Dry Adhesive: I used double-sided tape.
1. Trace the cover. [I extended the paper an inch or so to wrap over the fold and onto the back cover.]
2. Cut out your new cover. [I used a ruler and bone folder to create a nice crease.]
3. Apply a decent amount of tape onto the old cover. [If you have a tape gun, use it!] Adhere the patterned paper.
4. This is now a blank canvas for you to be creative and add your own personal touches......
5. For the first layer, I cut a 2.5" x 7" banner from complementing cardstock.
6: Start layering and adhering your papers. [I used a glue stick.]
7. Add washi tape as another layer. [The inspirational post I mentioned earlier used ribbon. You can certainly do that too.]
8. Find a good place for your tag or label. [I used a sticker label from my stash, backed it with more complementing paper, and cut it to size.] For the title, you can use alphabet stickers, or even a sentiment stamp like the inspiration post did. I have a passion for penmanship, so I hand wrote mine. But I did use some tiny alphas for a cute little saying on the bottom.
|DIY: Customized A5 Filofax Notepad|
There you go... You are done! Wasn't that super simple? And it turned out fabulous! What better way to add a custom and personal piece to your planner...
If you want to see how I use my Filofaxes each week, you can find out here. I also have lots of other great Filofax posts! If you're looking for even more planner inspiration, check out my "Filofax Addict" pinboard on Pinterest!
You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...
Are you a Filofax Addict? Do you personalize your planner? I'd love to hear about it! Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!
Mahalo for stopping by!