Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Project Life: Week 34


Happy Wednesday! Had a busy couple of days... I was determined to catch up in my Project Life album, so I put all of my other plans and projects aside. Even with the demands of a 4-year-old, I managed to knock out two weeks of Project Life! So be prepared for two times the posts...

WEEK 34
Life Documented
August 18 - August 24

Week 34: Full Spread

Another fabulous week here in the gorgeous Pacific NW! It's because of weeks like this that I love everything about Summer. Family. Fun. Sunshine. It only made sense to use the colors of the rainbow as the inspiration for this spread. From every photograph to each one of the cards... this is my Happy.

Week 34: Left Page

Here I'm using a Becky Higgins Design A pocket page continued from Week 33. I love playing around with journal and filler cards to fill the different pockets. Printables, handmade cards, designer favorites. Mix it up a bit! I made the title card with paper from Amy Tangerine's Ready Set Go line. I added some washi tape banners, a colorful carousel horse sticker by TPC Studio, and a ticket I received in a RAK. Added my own numbers for a personal touch.

Week 34: Left Page | Using My Journal Card Freebie

I had the perfect IG snapshot to use on one of my journal cards. [Download my "Happy Cards" freebie here.] Needed some trimming to fit, but it looks great. Love having the space to add some details about the photo too. 

Week 34: Left Page - Close Up

The remaining 6"x 4" pockets holds another fun, free printable, and a We R Memory Keepers journal card. I added a 4"x 4" instagram photo, some Basic Grey alphabet stickers, and jotted down some details directly onto the card. 

For the row of 3"x 4" slots I destashed more of my printables with a calendar card, currently list, and a "sweet summer" sentiment. I used a MAMBI card with a tag printable to document a shopping haul. A Dymo label, white gel pen, and Amy Tangerine's Rotary Phrase stamp finishes off this page.

Week 34: Right Page

I chose another layout with lots of pockets since I knew I had tons of fun photos to chose from. This is a generic set of pocket pages that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. It gives me more than enough room to showcase the rest of our week. I filled the pockets with a fun mix of colorful cards.

Week 34: Right Page | Close Up

The 4"x 6" pocket has a handmade card from a DCWV paper stack. I added a thin strip of Recollections washi along one side, followed by Heidi Swapp epoxy alphabet stickers and a rub-on, and two wallet-sized instapics. I used a couple of awesome smartphone apps to create the pictures on that card.

When I have too many photos and not enough space, I opt for a photo collage application. My favorite is Photo Grid on Android. I can combine multiple photos using a variety of templates, designs, and details. It also works in conjunction with instagram. Another one of my favorite applications to use for PL photos is Shape'd. It's a fun one to play around with. It gives you the ability to crop your photo into fun shapes, text included. It also works well with instagram.

For the smaller 4"x 3" pockets I used a fabulous filler card printable and another MAMBI card to hold an instapic and print-and-cut label.

Week 34: This Week's Favorite Card

This has to be my favorite card from this week. I combined a too-small printable with a Kraft paper background, added a cute geotag cut with my Cameo, different styles of fun alphabet stickers to mark the location, cutout arrows, another Photo Grid photo, a Dear Lizzy Roller Stamp, and my journaling to tie it all together. I love the way it turned out!

Week 34: Right Page | Another Close Up

The last 4"x 6" pockets holds an awesome full-size photo and a cool handmade card made from Ki Memories paper. I added a 4"x 4" instagram photo of the ferris wheel, another summer embellishment by TPC studio, and a camera cutout from my stash.

The 4"x 3" slots has a new We R Memory Keepers filler card and a handmade card using scraps from my stash. I added another Photo Grid picture, a Cosmo Cricket label sticker, a Dymo label, and some tiny star stickers to complete it.

I hope you enjoyed my Project Life post! Stay tuned because I'm not done yet. I'll also be posting Week 35 :) Just trying to catch up! I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration! Would you like to take a peek at my 2013 Project Life album? You can find it here. Wanna get your hands on the printables I used in this week's spread? Find them on my "SMASH* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. There are hundreds of pins to DIYs, How-To's, ideas, inspiration, tips, as well as free printables! Be sure to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, and by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are documenting 2013 with Project Life? How is it going for you? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover