Sunday, September 1, 2013

Filofax: Week 35


Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend :) Here in the States, we're enjoying a relaxing 3-day weekend in honor of Labor Day on Monday. As much as I love long weekends, this one pretty much marks the end of summer :( I hope the warm weather decides to stick around a bit longer, but you never know with the Pacific NW!

Although summer is coming to an end, I'm still planning on using my Filofax to help me stay organized. From one season to the next, the pages will continue to be filled with notes, tasks, and details to help our family stay on top of things. I have to say that having a color-coding system really works for me, and makes things so much easier. It's the same system I've been using for over a decade.

If you would like more details about my current Filofax setup, including photos of the inside of my Domino, as well as the color-coding system and inserts I use, you can find all of that information and so much more in this post. If you have some time, feel free to browse all of my Filofax posts.

I mainly use my Filofax to keep track of personal, family, and household details, notes, appointments, events, etc. I also use it to help me stay organized with this blog as well as Project Life planning. I really enjoy having all of this information together in one place. Eventually, I think I may add an A5 Filofax to my collection, which will then be strictly used for my blog, Project Life, and crafty stuff.

Filofax: Week 35 | Full Spread
In case you missed it, here is Week 34. Just like the previous weeks, I used my color-coding system for the different subjects I want to keep track of. And since handwriting and penmanship is a passion of mine, I really enjoy playing around with different fonts for the details in my calendars. I also doodle checkboxes so I can easily mark off my completed tasks. Whatever doesn't get checked off goes into the next week.

I do a lot of planning ahead too... and sometimes those plans change. If that happens, my transparent sticky flags really come in handy. A quick little note on it is all I need to mark that change. It also does a great job of adding a fun pop of color to my pages.

As you can see, I write down a lot of things. So I choose not to embellish my pages too much beforehand. I want to be sure that I have enough space for all of the details, and add little stickers or doodles as I go throughout my week. But one thing I do before starting any week is prep my pages with washi tape. I have to admit, the prettiness of my pages is what inspires me to use them.

My washi this week have designs in my favorite color. Pink. I chose one with a fun geometric pattern for the top of my pages, that I cut into banners. That tape came from a set of two that I picked up at JoAnne's for a buck. For the bottom I used a fave tape with a cute ruler design that I purchased from my favorite little shop Paper Addict. They really look great together!

The WO2P inserts I'm using were created by my girl Cathy V. of Paper Addict. You can download them here. I really enjoy them because they start on Sunday and are extra spacious. I have more than enough room for all of the details as well as decorations.

Filofax: Week 35 | Goodbye August

Here are my August calendar pages all filled up. The MO2P inserts I'm using is No. 6101 by Paige Paigen. I really like the layout and how roomy the boxes are. The list on the left is great as well. I added some personal touches for inspiration and to make it more me.

A Sneak Peek at September

A Glimpse at My Current Pages

Well that's all she wrote! I hope you liked my Filofax post :) You can now find all of my completed Filofax layouts here. If you're looking for more planner inspiration, take a peek at my new "Filofax Addict" pinboard on Pinterest. You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me on instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love...

Are you a Filofax addict? What do you love about it? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover