Friday, August 30, 2013

Project Life: Week 32


Happy Aloha Friday! I hope you had a fabulous week :) I cannot begin to tell how complicated things are when living with a 4-year-old. No matter how much time I dedicate to all of my crafty and scrappy projects, it always seems to take an incredibly long time! I'm so thankful that I keep a Project Life notebook handy. As long as I continue to take photos on a regular basis, and write down the details from specific days, I don't get too overwhelmed when putting my pages together. Now I'm happy to finally share my most recent completed spread...

WEEK 32
Life Documented
August 4 - August 10

Week 32: Full Spread

It's weeks like this that makes Summer my favorite season. Sunshine. Fun Time. Family. Love. I have to say that this week's spread is probably my favorite so far! I went a little camera crazy and decided to let the colors from those photos be the jumping off point for my theme. The color pink is everywhere! In the pretty patterned paper, thickers, Cameo cuts, sequins, stickers, even my printables! And being my favorite color, you can only imagine how much fun I had putting these pages together!

Week 32: Left Page

This is a Becky Higgins Design A page continued from Week 31. I handmade all of the 6"x 4" cards starting with my title card. I chose pretty pink chevron paper that I embellished with Cameo cuts, a print and cut label, a Cosmo Cricket cardstock sticker frame, Amy Tangerine thickers, and pink bling. The other 6"x 4" cards were made using more paper from my stash and hold a few 4"x 4" instagram photos, more Cameo cuts, print and cut labels, Cosmo Cricket stickers and labels, and a journal card cutout.

Week 32: A Card Using Cosmo Cricket Cardstock Stickers

Week 32: Left Page | Close Up

For the row of 3"x 4" pockets I used some free printables from my stash, along with a handmade card from my scraps to hold a wallet-size instapic. A calendar card documents the current week, a "techno" themed journal card talks about my internet adventures, and a filler card with a fun quote sets the tone for this week.

Week 32: Right Page

Here I'm using a generic photo page that came from a set I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I knew I needed one with lots of pockets to hold all of my photos, and this one looks great paired with Design A. As you can see, I have an instagram photo in EVERY pocket! Again, I handmade the 4"x 6" cards using paper from my stash that was cut to size. I don't usually stick to one paper collection when I create my layouts. I love mixing them up. This week I have paper by Studio G, Me and My Big Ideas, Amy Tangerine, and Ki Memories, all in shades of pink and complementing colors and patterns.

Week 32: Right Page | Close Up

I only needed one journal card for this page because all of my photos are from the same day. I used a ledger design from Amy T's "Sketchbook" paper pad to document our trip to Seattle. I added some Basic Grey alphabet stickers, and a tab cut with my Cameo that I adorned with October Afternoon washi tape.

I love using my smartphone to capture everyday moments. So when I come across an application that can be used in conjunction with instagram, I was pretty excited! One of my favorite Project Life apps on my Galaxy S3 is InstaPlace for Android. [I have the Pro version.] It uses your GPS location to add cool skins and "location themed" text to your photos. As you can see by my "I Heart Seattle" photo, this app is pretty awesome! 

Week 32: Right Page | CloseUp

My favorite card from this week holds a 4"x 4" family photo from our trip. I used some new thickers, a banner which I added a geotag to mark the location our pic was taken, and some MME enamel dots to embellish it.

To the column of 4"x 3" pockets I added some wallet-size instapics. I embellished the cards with more Cosmo Cricket label stickers, a Cameo cut banner with a "stitching" detail that I doodled, a print and cut tag, and some pink sequins. Since those CC label stickers have a super smooth surface, they won't hold regular ink from a pen. So I use my American Crafts Slick Writers on them. They don't smear and dry super fast. Love em'!

Week 32: Right Page | Another CloseUp

I had so much fun with this spread, and love the way it all came together. I really hope you enjoyed my Project Life post! I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative, so be sure to stop by for more PL inspiration! If you would like to see my 2013 album, you can find it here. Curious about the free printables I used in this week's spread? Browse my "Smash* & PL" and "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. You'll not only see printables, but also hundreds of links to DIYs, How To's, ideas, tips, and inspiration! Don't forget to follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can also stay updated on my recent posts, projects, and photos by following me here on my blog, via instagram, or by "liking" my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now and show some love....

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? Discovered any new techniques, elements, or supplies? Any questions, comments, or thoughts about this post? Please let me know. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover