Thursday, July 4, 2013

Smashbook: Hello Kiani


Happy 4th of July!

Today is doubly special for our family... it's also the day I gave birth to our baby girl. And this year she turned 4 years old! Ever since the day my daughter was born, she's always been such an inspiration to me. As the subject of many photographs, Project Life layouts, and Smash* book spreads... I never tire of the creativity she gives me.

With today being her birthday, I thought it would be nice to share a spread with you from my Pretty Pink book, that I created last summer in honor of her. Whenever I look at this, it puts a smile on my face. Seeing how innocent, and fun, and angelic she is makes me realize how blessed we are. Watching her grow up through the pages of my book is simply amazing....


First, I started out by thumbing through my book to find the best pages that represent my daughter. She's a girly girl, and like me, she has a love for the color pink. When I saw these pretty pink grid pages with butterflies and dictionary snippets of the words "Delight, Cheer, and Joy," I knew this spread was perfect.

I used my homemade pink glimmer mist to spritz a few sections of the pages. [Click for my Glimmer Mist DIY.] It adds a subtle touch of color to the otherwise white background. Next came the fun part of digging through my stack of instagram photos. I chose ones with pops of color as well as images that captured her youthfulness.


Another fun part was scouring through my stash for cute printables. I found lots of great pink stuff! A Hello tag, a potty girl and smile ticket, a sweet card, a lined tag with a heart, and even some scrabble letter tiles. All of the ones I just mentioned were found on the internet and downloaded for free. The adorable instagram camera was given to me by a friend, and the Hello Kitty was cut out from the packaging of my daughter's scrapbook kit.

I also made a bunting banner using complementing scraps of pretty paper with pink and white twine. It was super simple and made good use of my scraps. I found even more embellishments like a hot pink floral diecut, and some fun flair buttons that were the perfect addition to these pages.


I finished off this spread with a pink angel wings tag (which I wrote her birth date on), and another printable tag that I added some special sentiments to and tied off with more pink and white twine. These pages wouldn't be complete without some thickers and tiny alphabet stickers... in pink, of course!


I absolutely love how these pages came together. It's definitely one of my favorite spreads in my Pretty Pink Smash* book. My daughter loves looking at it too! I can't wait to make more pages about her this summer, and seeing how much she has changed since last year. Being able to document her growth and interests over the coming years, to be later looked back on in the future, is such a wonderful experience for us all.

Life is Good! 


I hope you enjoyed today's post! It was pretty special and I was so happy to share it with you. Want to take a peek into my Pretty Pink book? You can find it here. Wanna stay updated on my recent posts and projects? Be sure to "like" my new fan page on Facebook! Interested in the free printables I used for this spread? You can find them on my "Smash* & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Along with printables, you'll find links to hundreds of other DIYs, How-To's, tips, ideas, and inspiration for everything Smash* and Project Life! Check it out...

Are you a Smash*er? How much do you love smash*ing about your little ones? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Feel free to drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Mahalo for stopping!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Crystal! Your page is awesome!!!
    Grettings from Poland! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat :) Thank you so much for showing love! I'm so glad you like my blog :) It means a lot to me. It's really nice to hear from you! It's been a long time. And thank you for the follow as well. I appreciate your support <3 I hope all is well. Take care friend... stop by and see me again soon!

      Delete
  2. Crystal, your Pretty Pink pages are a "smash" for sure! Happy #4 to Kiani on the 4th of July!!! Age 4 is about average for little ones to really show their own "independence" and for more than just a day!

    You are truly blessed and as we are pretty close to hitting the road for our "big move", I will miss your posts for a bit, but look forward to catching up soon!

    Aloha nui loa ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aloha Linda! Thank you so much for sending some birthday love to Kiani :) My little one has lived up to her birth date with the whole "independence" trait way before she turned 4 ;)Started around 1 year old! She's quite the little firecracker too!

      I'm going to miss hearing from you during your "big move", but look forward to catching up with you as well.

      I'm sending some Aloha to your and your ohana for a safe trip. Can't wait to speak to you again...

      Take care <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover