Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Project Life: Week 28


Hello there! I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I feel like I accomplished quite a bit the last few days... well the planning part of it anyway ;) I say that because I have a fun post coming up this week. You'll be taking a sneak peek at how this Island Girl plans and organizes her life! I can't wait to share my newest organization tool... I am loving it! I also had the chance to knock out another week in my Project Life album. And today, I'm sharing it here with you....

WEEK 28
Life Documented
July 7 - July 13

Week 28: Full Spread

It was a fabulous week here in the Pacific NW. It may not have started out great when it came to dealing with my 4-year-old, but hey... that's "real life." I captured other everday day life moments, and we also took another road trip down to Portland to spend some quality time with our ohana. I wanted the theme for this week to scream SUMMER, so I used lots of bright and cheerful colors in my cards, photos, and embellishments. I also mixed it up with lots of different printables and handmade cards.

Week 28: Left Page

This page is the reverse side of a Becky Higgins Design A from Week 27. For the title card, I used a piece of pretty scrapbook paper to act as the background for some colorful Cameo cuts. The "28" is a cutout from a paper collection, and the dots are paper washi bits from my hole puncher. I used a printable journal card to document life as a mommy. It provided more than enough room to share my thoughts from the day. In the bottom 6"x 4" slots I used 4"x 4" instagram photos and some 2"x 4" journal cards. One by We R Memory Keepers, and another was a printable that printed wrong, so I saved it.

Week 28: A Row of  Free Printables

For the row of 3x4's, I dug into my stash of free printables. I used some fun designs like a "currently watching" and calendar card, and a "captured" card and polaroid frame. I added wallet-sized instagram pics to those.

Since there were so many photos on this page, I decided to let them speak for themselves, so I kept it light on the embellishments. I only added a few styles of tiny alphabet stickers, a Dymo label, and some stamping with my roller date and rotary phrase stamps.

Week 28: Right Page

This right side is a generic photo page that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. The 4"x 6" slots hold a journal card by WRMK and three handmade cards cut from 6"x 6" paper pads. I used them to showcase some fun instagram photos in different sizes. I added some free printable labels, Cosmo Cricket label stickers, some pink bling, and a few fun alphabet stickers.

Week 28: Right Page - Close Up

For the column of 4"x 3" cards I used a couple more printables, a Mambi card, and a Recollections card. I added a neon strip of paper washi cut into an arrow, another Dymo label, and more tiny alphabet stickers to finish off this page. I adore how this spread turned out. It's so cheery and colorful and full of wonderful memories! I had tons of fun putting it together.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. I'll be linking up with The Mom Creative, so if you're looking for more Project Life inspiration be sure to stop by! Wanna take a peek into my 2013 PL album? You can find it here. Do you like some of the free printables I used in this week's spread? Be sure to check out my "Smash & PL" or "Printables/Templates" pinboards on Pinterest. Not only will you find printables, you'll see hundreds of links to DIYs, How-To's, tips, ideas, and inspiration for everything Project Life. Follow those boards because I find new stuff daily!

You can also stay updated on my recent posts and projects via instagram, or with a "like" on my new fan page on Facebook. So why not head over there now to show some love....

Are you documenting 2013 with Project Life? Any thoughts, questions, or comments about this post? Feel free to drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated.

Mahalo for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover