Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Project Life: Week 15


Happy Wednesday everyone! I hope you're all enjoying your week so far...especially with this beautiful spring sunshine :) It's really given me the motivation to work in my books, and get caught up! I had so much fun putting together these last couple weeks of my Project Life album.... mostly because I loved documenting our family vacation! You've already seen Week 14, which was Part 1 of our trip in La Push, WA. Today I'm happy to finally share Week 15... the final days of our family vacay.

Life Documented
April 7 - April 13
"First Beach & Forks"

Week 15 - Full Spread

This week was so much fun!. I had a smile on my face the entire time I was going through our pictures from vacation. I took so many photos, it was difficult choosing which ones I wanted to showcase in this album. I ended up using a mix of different sized photos consisting of scenic shots, candids, poses, and touristy Twilight "landmark" pics. I put some of them through a couple of photo editing programs to get them to the desired size. [fotor for the square instapic and stacked photo collage, Photosheet for 3x4s.] I raided my stash for fun alphabet stickers and road trip/travel themed embellishments.

Twilight Printables I Designed on Silhouette Studio for Project Life

I searched everywhere for some cool Twilight inspired journal or filler cards to add to my spread this week. Couldn't find any, so I decided to make my own in Silhouette Studio. These are definitely better than anything I could have purchased! I just love how they turned out! I got to really personalize and design them to my liking. They're perfect on these pages...

Week 15 - Full Spread with Modified Insert

Week 15: Back Side of My Double-Sided Insert.

I knew a two page spread wasn't going to be enough room to hold all of the memories from vacation, so I decided to make a modified insert like I did last week. [Refer to Week 14 to see how I made the 6x8 double-sided insert.] It's the perfect place to hold the paper ephemera we collected from vacation, like postcards, maps, tickets, notes, stickers, cards, receipts, etc.

Week 15: Left Page - "Fun on First Beach"

This is a Becky Higgins Design A photo page. It's perfect for documenting our vacation. I used 2 of the 4x6 slots for scenic shots taken right from our balcony. I filled in some of the 3x4 slots with fun photos taken on First Beach. The 4x6 journal cards are from We R Memory Keepers, and I also included one of the 3x4 filler cards I designed (printed on Kraft paper). The last slot is the other side of the double-sided pocket from Week 14. It's filled with paper goodies like tags and receipts collected from our trip. I picked out some travel themed embellishments and diecuts, as well as a collection of different alphabet stickers.

Week 15: Right Page - "A Day in Forks"

This is another Becky Higgins Design A page. I filled these 4x6 slots with more of our vacation photos and another WRMK 4x6 journal card. I used a couple of the other 3x4 Twilight cards I designed especially for this trip. The remaining slots hold a photo collage of "The Treaty Line" and a square pic [with journaling] of some souvenirs we purchased. I finished off this page with a variety of alphabet stickers and more travel themed embellishments.


 I hope you all enjoyed my post! I had so much fun creating these pages and sharing them here with you. I have to say that documenting everyday life is great... but documenting a vacation is FABULOUS! I can't wait until our next trip!

Are you using Project Life to document 2013? Do you have a favorite week yet? Why do you love it? Any questions, thoughts, or comments about this post? Feel free to drop me a line. Your feedback is always welcome and much appreciated!

Thank you for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. you went to Fork! LUCKY!! Love the pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did Cathy! It was so much fun :D Forks was awesome, but La Push was AMAZING! So happy to check it off my Bucket List! We all had such a fabulous time that we are going back in October for our 14 year anniversary <3 Actually...it's now going to be an annual trip :) Thanks for stopping by to see me.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover